Healthy water stands for growth and well-being. That is why babies in particular should only be given the best water.
Natural Frankenmarkter mineral water (still) is perfect for preparing baby food.
- "meets all the requirements for a healthy baby mineral water" (Österreichisches Getränkeinstitut, 1180 Vienna).
- "best Austrian mineral water - ideal for the whole family". (konsument.at)
- "the best baby mineral water in Austria" (ORF, "Gut beraten - Österreich" in "Willkommen Österreich")
The special characteristics are characterised by:
- Low mineralization
- Vanishingly low nitrate and nitrite levels
- Neutral taste
- High energy value: 34,000 Bovis units
Not all mineral water is the same.
That is why not every product should be used for the preparation of baby food. There are several reasons for this:
- The mineral content of the individual minerals must not exceed the limits for infant food, as the kidneys are not yet mature. Too high a mineral intake means unnecessary physical stress!
- Excessive nitrate levels hinder the oxygen saturation of the blood.
- Nitrates and nitrites are cancer-promoting substances.
The mineralisation of a mineral water is listed in detail on the bottle labels. This tells you which water is suitable for babies. An even more convenient way to check the mineral content of water is to use our Water Test
You can find out that tap water can also be dangerous for preparing baby food here.